- Make money using a skill you already enjoy
- Take advantage of the flexible schedule and work full- or part-time
- Enjoy meeting new people and attending events
- Choose to book clients in locations you’d like to visit
- Help capture peoples’ special moments on film
- Expensive photography equipment is required for startup
- Stressful events such as weddings can bring out the negative side of customers
- Work engagements often take place on weekends during prime family time
- Income can be inconsistent and it can take time to build up a solid clientele list
- Doing your hobby as a business can take the fun out of it and turn it into boring or tedious work
Top 10 Most Famous Portrait Photographers In The World
Here is a list of top 10 best photographers in the world
1. Steve McCurry
Steve McCurry is famous for his photo ‘Afghan girl,’ taken in a refugee camp in Peshawar, Pakistan. This photo was named the most recognized photo of National Geographic. His other less famous photos are really worth a look!
2. Lee Jeffries
His collection of black and white portraits of homeless people is unique and stunning. He depicts a glimpse of hope in the eyes of his subjects. Simply touching…
3. Jimmy Nelsson
Jimmy Nelsson is well-known for his portraits of tribal and indigenous people taken in more than 16 countries. His photos will live to tell the tale. Nelsson’s book is now a collector’s item.
Rehahn is specially focused on photographing Vietnam, Rajasthan and Cuba. He is famous for catching the soul of his subjects. Rehahn is undoubtedly one of the best portrait photographers in the world.
5. Eric Lafforgue
Famous for his photos taken in North Korea, Eric Lafforgue has a story for each person he has photographed. From the tribes of Namibia to the Yezedis of Kurdistan, his tales are fascinating and his photos depict some real emotions.
6. Manny Librodo
The ‘Photoshop wizard’ Manny Librodo’s photos don’t just tell a story, they are pure works of art.
7. Lisa Kristine
Lisa Kristine is a humanitarian photographer who documents indigenous cultures in more than 100 countries and portrays the human dignity in all of us. She is famous for her role in exposing modern day slavery.
8. David Lazar
These are breath-taking photos taken in Brazil, Bangladesh and Kenya. David Lazar is always in the pursuit of moments in life.
9. Joel Santos
The meaningful look of these portraits says it all. Joel Santos demonstrates the feeling of his subjects.