The #YouAreWelcomeHere International Scholarships is offered for an Undergraduate degree. The scholarship is provided by La Roche University. La Roche University is a private university in McCandless, Pennsylvania. It was originated in 1963 by the Sisters of Divine Providence as a Roman Catholic college and now sits on an 80-acre (320,000 m2) campus in McCandless within the Diocese of Pittsburgh. La Roche University was originated in 1963 by the Sisters of Divine Providence as a private college for religious sisters.
It was called in honor of Stephanie Amelia la Roche von Starkenfels, the first Mother Superior of the Sisters of Divine Providence. The first president of the university was Sister Annunciata Sohl, C.D.P., who helped until 1968. The college had begun to acknowledge its first lay students by 1965. It continued to grow, and two years later, La Roche extended beyond its leased space to construct the first building, the John J. Wright Library.
The John J. Wright Library was the first building built for the university, built-in 1967 and modernized in the early 2000s. Two residence halls were built in the mid-1970s, and the university opened the Palumbo Science Center in 1980. The 1,200-seat Kerr Fitness & Sports Center was released in 1993 and has been updated throughout the years.
Current athletic facilities include a baseball field, soccer field, softball field, aerobics room, dance studio, gymnasium, indoor track, and a weight room. Tennis courts of any sort, and outdoor basketball courts, have both yet to be added to the campus. Residence halls were additional and prolonged upon in 1997 and 2003 with the dedication of Bold Hall and Bold Hall II. A classroom building presenting electronic classroom technology was added adjacent to the Zappala College Center in 2002.
Beginning in 1993, the Pacem In Terris Institute has gotten students from conflict, post-conflict, and developing regions of the world to study at La Roche. The program provides scholarships and assistance, to students from 21 different countries. The students are selected by their countries on the basis of academic and personal potential and promise to return to their homelands upon completion of their studies to work for peace and prosperity in their regions.
Notable members on the Board of the Institute are Kim Dae-Jung, past president of the Republic of Korea; Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, the first lady of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan; and Janet Museveni, the first lady of the Republic of Uganda.
Worth of #YouAreWelcomeHere International Scholarships
#YouAreWelcomeHere International Scholarships will offer an annual $17,000 renewable scholarship to designated international undergraduate students devoted to advancing intercultural learning and understanding.
Eligibility for #YouAreWelcomeHere International Scholarships
- To be eligible for #YouAreWelcomeHere International Scholarships, you must be a fall 2022 first-year international undergraduate candidate to a participating college or university. An international candidate is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- To be eligible for #YouAreWelcomeHere International Scholarships, you must demonstrate interest and initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- To be eligible for #YouAreWelcomeHere International Scholarships, you must have completed the scholarship application and a 500-1,000-word essay or a two- to a five-minute video telling your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at La Roche University.
How to Apply for #YouAreWelcomeHere International Scholarships
- Apply for admission to La Roche University and submit all obligatory application materials.
- Complete a scholarship application, including a 500-1,000-word essay or a two- to five-minute video answering the following prompt, “Communicate us about your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at La Roche University.”
Application Deadline for #YouAreWelcomeHere International Scholarships
The application deadline for this scholarship is April 18, 2022.
Official Website: Click here