Spotting fashion trends, you can use your creative ideas by attending one of the online fashion schools in the USA. We all want to represent the latest trend by getting things which are considered fashionable. But, only a few of us know the creativity behind fashion.
Fashion is important as it is life-improving and, like everything that gives pleasure, it is worth doing well. However, getting a fashion degree is very easy these days as most fashion schools feature distant learning options allowing you to learn the skills you need in your comfort.
Keep reading this article to find out about the top online fashion schools in the USA and how you can go about them.
Fashion is the way things are made or done at a specific time, especially in clothing, footwear, lifestyle, accessories, and makeup. For example, the hairstyle trend in the past was a quick bob and afro but it has changed to a longer style with curls.
A few years ago, a woman could wear a layer of plain linen underneath her dress but in these modern days, women rarely put on pants. It’s so amazing how fashion develops overnight.
These professionals work within a broad range of materials, colors, patterns, and styles. They also adopt the use of modern technology and that helps enhance their business greatly.
Online Fashion Schools
In the past years, fashion was just about wearing clothes that were made from artificially dyed fabrics, and fixed with a sewing machine. Anyone with a passion for style would easily make clothes. Currently, the fashion industry uses computer software to create sketches and make designs for clothes, accessories, and shoes.
In addition, only individuals who have certain skills and entrepreneurial spirit can shine in the industry. So, if you want to be a leader in this field, you need to enroll in a good fashion school. Fashion designers who attend fashion schools are knowledgeable about technologies, and this frequently opens the door for a bigger opportunity in the industry and leads to higher salaries, as they are best positioned for growth.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the 2015 median income of a fashion designer is $63,670 per annum. Online fashion schools will prepare you to gain employment in creative or technical fields in the fashion industry at the corporate level, at starting small business level, or in entrepreneurship as a fashion-based start-up.
Skills as a Fashion Designer
To become a successful fashion designer, you need business skills to help you stay within your budget and to market your product.
Here are some qualities you need to possess as a fashion designer:
- Artistic ability: you must be able to sketch your initial design ideas and use them to form prototypes of your clothing.
- Detail-oriented: As a Fashion designer, you have to pay attention to details that can make a design successful.
- Computer skills: You also need to know how to use computer-aided design (CAD) programs and be familiar with any graphics editing software. This will help you enhance your designs.
- Communication: as a fashion designer you need to communicate an idea to your team with retailers to raise your designs.
- Creativity: this is a major factor you need to take note of. You must be highly creative to create quality designs that are unique, stylish, and functional.
An Online Fashion Degree
- Fashion designer
- Fashion and public relations writer
- Retail buyer
- Textile designer
- Fashion photographer
- Fashion illustrator
Top Online Fashion Schools in the USA
Here is a list of the top online fashion schools in the USA:
- Johnson & Wales University
- Northwood University-Michigan
- Central Michigan University
- Lindenwood University
- Academy of Art University
- Framingham State University
- Southern New Hampshire University
- Liberty University