5 Things I Observed From Manchester United’s Training Sessions Today
Manchester United engaged in training sessions ahead of their Premier League clash against West Ham United on Sunday. Here are five things I observed from their training sessions.
1. Marcus Rashford returned back to training with the squad. He has missed all five of Manchester United matches this season and will be looking earn his place back in the starting lineup. With Cristiano Ronaldo already in the squad, the Englishman will have to play as a permanent winger rather than a second striker. Marcus Rashford will be a great addition to Ole Gunnar Solskjær side.
2. Manchester United youth players Shola Shoretire and Teden Mengi trained with the squad ahead of their Premier League fixture on Sunday. They might not necessarily be in the squad to face West and but they’re in Manchester United 2021/22 Premier League squad. The duo might not get much starts like they did last season looking at the quality of players in the squad.
3. Scott Mctominay missed Manchester United’s first Champions League fixture against Young Boys. He was present in training ahead of the match against West Ham United. The Scottish midfielder hasn’t played a major role for Manchester United this season but has been an essential part of Ole Gunnar Solskjær squad.
4. Alex Telles was also not in the squad that faced Young Boys on Tuesday. The Brazilian left back haven’t got the perfect start to his career as a Manchester United player, he barely made it to the starting lineup last season. He left his comfort zone last season to join Manchester United who already had a permanent left back in their squad. Alex Telles was only used in cup matches and just few league games.
5. Eric Bailly barely makes it as a substitute after Manchester United signed Raphael Varane from Real Madrid. The Ivorian was available against Young Boys but Ole Gunnar Solskjær still left him out despite being in need of a defender. Eric Bailly was present in Manchester United training despite the treatment he has been receiving from Ole Gunnar Solskjær.