United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is an agency in United Nations in Nigeria, they help in providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. Their Headquarter is currently located at 14a Lugard Ave, Ikoyi, Lagos.
Job Title: Driver, GS2
Job Number: 532847
Location: Nigeria (Various Duty Stations)
Work Type: Fixed Term Appointment
For Every Child, Protection
Under the supervision of the Chief of Operations or Operations/Administrative Manager/Assistant, the Driver, at the G-2 level, provides reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Summary of Key Functions / Accountability
Reliable and Safe Driving Services for Staff and Officials:
Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery, and collection of mail, documents and other items
Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport and may include assisting with basic visa and customs formalities arrangements when required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A Secondary Education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations
- A minimum of two years of work experience as a driver with a safe driving record is required
- Experience working in an international organization, embassy or UN system, is an asset.
- Knowledge and skills in minor vehicle repair is an asset.
- Fluency in any of the local languages of the duty station and proficiency in English is required.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.