See The 5 Most Richest Families In Nigeria.
1. The Dangote Family: This is a well known name in Nigeria and across African. Aliko Dangote is the richest man in Nigeria and across African, the family wealth began with his great grandfather, Chief Al-Hassan Dantata, who was a trader of kola but and grandnut, which he imported to Europe with other raw materials to large British Trading Companies. After his death his great grandson, Aliko Dangote, has kept the business alive and created other businesses and investments across African making him the world’s richest blackman, with an estimated net worth of $8.1 billion.
2. The Ibru Family: From the town of Ughelli in Delta state, Nigeria, the ibru family is one of the richest in Nigeria. Chief Peter Ibru was a pioneer in the distribution of frozen fish in Nigeria, he later expanded his organization to include, petroleum, brewing, agriculture, construction among other businesses. The family owns the Guardian Newspapers, Aero Contractors, and also Oceanic Bank, which was later merged with Eco Bank. Other investment owned by the Ibru family includes, Hotels, a University among others. According to Forbes this family estimated net worth is $30 million.
3. The Adenuga Family: Mike Adenuga is the chief executive officer of Globacom Telecommunication Network, popularly know as Glo, it is one of the network service provider in Nigeria, Ghana and Republic of Benin. He is currently one of the richest men in Africa, one of African’s billionaires, his company Globacom is the second largest telecom operators in Nigeria. His estimated net worth according to Forbes is $ 6.1 billion.
4. The Otedola Family: Femi Otedola is the son of former Governor of Lagos State, from 1992-1993 and also one of the richest man in Nigeria. He is the chief executive officer of Forte Oil PLC , an importer of fuel products. The father to popular Nigerian Dj Cuppy is also the founder of Zenon Petroleum and Gas Ltd, among many other businesses across the country, it is of no wonder, that his family is one of the richest in Nigeria. Femi Otedola also falls into the category of one of African’s billionaire with an estimated net worth of $1.8 billion.
5. The Adeleke Family: We know to well about this family, even little children know of the Adeleke family being one of the richest in Nigeria and also because of popular Nigerian singer David Adeleke popularly known as Davido. This family is built around different brand of businesses, from real estates, banking, transport and oil, to a private university in Ondo state among others. Adedeji Adeleke, who is the eldest of the Adeleke brothers is the founder of Pacific Holdings Limited, which has investment in a wide range of businesses, making him one of the richest man in Nigeria, and his family too, with an estimated net worth of $ 700 million, so Davido wasn’t kidding when he said 30 billion in his accounts.