The 10 Richest Families In The World And Find Out The Source Of Their Wealth.
But little do we know that these families donot even fall under the category of the 25 richest families in the world. The 25 richest families in the world, are worth a collective 1.4 trillion naira according to Bloomberg.
Here are 10 of those richest families in a reverse chronological order.
10. The Albrecht Family: this German family, is worth a collective 41 billion dollars. They derive their wealth from, their chains of bussiness which includes, Aldi Supermarkets and Trader Joe. The family has three main members.
9. The Boehringer And Baumbach Families: these two families, co-own the Boehringer Ingelheim a large pharmaceutical company that has been in existence for over 130 years. The German families are worth a whopping 45.7 billion dollars.
8. The Johnson Family: this family rake under a 46.3 billion dollar fortune. Their Source of income is their Fidelity Investments. Interestingly, the CEO of the multi billion empire is a woman named, Abigail Johnson. And she shared this fortune with three generations of the American Johnson family..
Abigail Johnson, the CEO of Fidelity Investments
7. The Wertheimer Family: many people know about the designer wears called Chanel. Infact many of us wear fake Chanel cloths, bags and accessories. Well the owners of the ‘original’ Chanel are the Wertheimer Family from France. Chanel dates back to the 1920s and makes about ten billion dollars yearly. The family fortune is placed at, 54.4 billion dollars.
The Chanel brothers
No 5 Chanel most popular perfume
6. The Dumas Family: many of us admire apple watches, what we donot know, is that these watches cost as much as, 1,300-2000 dollars a piece. And the family that own that money, is the Dumas Family. The France Family source of income is Their Hermes Luxury Goods enterprises. Their enterprise have yielded the family, a staggering 63.9 billion dollars.
5. The Ambani Family: this family is worth, 81.3 billion dollars. The CEO of the Reliance industries which is the family’s source of wealth is the richest man in India. The family own the largest oil refining complete in the world. The family also have stakes in retail and communication firms.
4. The Al Saud Family: did you know that Saudi Arabia produces about 30% of the world’s oil?. And the revenue derived from the oil sales is controlled by the Saudi royal family led by it’s Crown Prince Bin Salman. So it is no surprise that the Al Suad family is the fourth richest family in the world with a net worth of, 95 billion dollars.
3. The Koch Family: the Koch Family was initially made up of four brothers before the exist of two brothers as a result of a failed takeover attempted by them. The Koch Family make their fortune from The Koch Industries an industry which mainly specializes in oil refining. One of the two brother David died leaving his wealthy and share of the industry to his wife. The American family is worth a combined, 124.5 billion dollars.
2. The Mars Family: this American family, comprises of 6 members. And who would believe that the second richest family in the world made their fortune from selling candy(sweet). The name of their enterprise is Mars Corporation which is a Candy Empire. Two of the owners of this empire were listed at number 33 of Forbes annual billionaire list. This family is worth a sweet 126.5 billion dollars. who will believe that, the second richest family in the world make their fortune from producing and selling sweets.
1. The Walton Family: and sitting at number 1 of this list is the Walton’s of America. This family, consists of 7 members who have a combined wealth of 225.5 billion dollars. Their Source of income comes from Their Giant Retail Supermarkets Walmart and Sam’s Club. Walmart is the largest company in the world by virtue of its revenue status. The retail store has about 12,000 retail stores worldwide. Jim and Alice who are the parent owners are worth over 44 billion dollars each and sit at the spot 16 & 17 of Forbes Annual billionaire list.
You may wonder why are the families of the richest men in the world like Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates not in this list. Well it is because these men own their wealth and enterprises as individuals and not families. While this list was compiled based in the collective wealth of families who share the same source of income.