The London Opportunity Scholarship is offered for a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Subjects offered by the University. The deadline for sending your application is 01 Jul 2022. The London Opportunity Scholarship is provided by the University College London and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, £4,000 every year. The scholarship is open to UK nationals.
Keep reading this article to find out about the London Opportunity Scholarship, its worth, eligibility, and application process.
The University College London, which operates as UCL, is a major public research university based in London, United Kingdom. It is a member institution of the federal University of London- and is the second-largest university in the United Kingdom by total enrolment- and the largest by postgraduate enrolment.
The university was founded in 1826, as London University, by founders inspired by the radical ideas of Jeremy Bentham. The University College London was the first university institution to be created in London, and the first in England to be entirely civil and to admit students regardless of their religion.
The University College London also makes doubted claims to being the third-oldest university in England, and the first to admit women. In 1836, the university became one of the two founding colleges of the University of London, which was granted a royal charter in the same year.
In addition, the university has grown through mergers, including with the Institute of Ophthalmology (in 1995), the Institute of Neurology (in 1997), the Royal Free Hospital Medical School (in 1998), the Eastman Dental Institute (in 1999), the School of Slavonic and East European Studies (in 1999), the School of Pharmacy (in 2012), and the Institute of Education (in 2014).
The University College London has its main campus in the Bloomsbury area of central London, with several institutes and teaching hospitals elsewhere in central London and satellite campuses at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford, east London, and Doha, Qatar.
Moreover, the university is organized into 11 constituent faculties, within which there are more than 100 departments, institutes, and research centers. The University College London also operates different museums and collections in a broad range of fields which include the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology and the Grant Museum of Zoology and Comparative Anatomy, and manage the annual Orwell Prize in political writing.
In 2019/20, the University College London had about 43,840 students and 16,400 staff which include around 7,100 academic staff and 840 professors and had a total income of £1.54 billion, of which £468 million was from research grants and contracts.
The university is a member of so many academic organizations which include the Russell Group and the League of European Research Universities and is part of the University College London Partners, the world’s largest academic health science center.
The University College London is considered part of the golden triangle of research-intensive universities in southeast England. It has publishing and commercial activities including UCL Business, UCL Press, and UCL Consultants.
Worth of The London Opportunity Scholarship
- All successful candidates of The London Opportunity Scholarship will receive an award of 4,000 pounds every year for the duration of the program and is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- The London Opportunity Scholarship is also awarded to cover maintenance costs.
Eligibility for The London Opportunity Scholarship
- The London Opportunity Scholarship is available to candidates who have participated in the university’s Summer Challenge Program.
- Qualified applicants must have completed at least one Widening Participation Activity: Residential summer schools, Summer challenge, Discover the university’s D/deaf summer school, Non-residential summer schools (year 11 and 12), Realising opportunities, Uni-link, Aspire, Horizons, and Lloyds Scholars spring school.
- You must hold an offer of admission to UCL to study any full-time undergraduate degree program, interested candidates must place the university as their firm choice.
- Scholars’ household income must be 42,875 pounds or less to be eligible for the scholarship.
- You must belong to the first generation of your family to enter higher education.
- Applicants must hold UK fee status to be qualified for the scholarship.
How to Apply for The London Opportunity Scholarship
If you seem interested in the scholarship and eligible for the scholarship, visit the official website to apply.
Application Deadline for The London Opportunity Scholarship
The application deadline for the scholarship is July 1, 2022.
Official Website: Click here