This is how to produce paint at home with little amount of money.
• Big bowl or big bucket
• Strong turning stick
• Titanium dioxide
• Calcium carbonate
• Poly vinyl acrylic/alcohol
• Anti fungi
• Water: This works as a dissolving material or medium for all the ingredients listed. 12 litres of water is needed for production.
• Titanium dioxide:
It is whitish in nature, it give the paint it’s white colour, brightens the paint, makes it acid resistant and also hardens the paint once it is applied to a surface. 0.5 kg is needed for production.
• Calcium carbonate:
The major work of this ingredient is to supply white colour to the paint and aids formulation, if you are planning to produce a white coloured paint, then you don’t need to add colour, the calcium carbonate will act as one. 13 kg of calcium carbonate is needed.
This is needed when you want to produce paint of different colours, raw paints are only sold in primary colours. So to get another type of colour, you have to mix two colours together. 0.5 kg is enough.
• Poly vinyl acrylic/alchol: This ingredient acts as an emulsion stabilizer, it also thickens the paint. 1.5 kg is enough.
• Natrosol: I didn’t make a mistake in the spelling, it is Natrosol and not Nitrosol, it acts as a Thickener for paints while the other one acts as a Thickener for liquid soaps, 0.1 kg is enough.
• Anti fungi: This prevents green things or plants from growing onto a surface that has been painted. There are over 200 anti fungi agents in the market, you can buy anyone available. 0.1 kg is enough for production.
• Acrytex: This is the ingredient that prevents water from entering or escaping a surface that has been painted. 0.1 kg is enough.
• Formalin: Acts as a Preservative. 0.1 kg is enough.
Note: All these ingredients are sold in places where paints are sold in bulk.
This process will give you 20 litres of emulsion paint. Each process requires vigorous stirring or else the paint will not look good.
• Step 1: Wash and clean the equipments
• Step 2: Pour the required quantity of Water into the bowl
• Step 3: Add Titanium dioxide and stir vigorously
• Step 4: Add Calcium carbonate and stir till it dissolves
• Step 5: Dissolve colour in a bowl of water then add it to the mixture
• Step 6: Add Poly vinyl acrylic
• Step 7: Add Natrosol
• Step 8: Add Anti fungi
• Step 10: Add Acrytex and stir vigorously
• Step 11: Add formalin and stir.
* Note: All ingredients should be added in the way i listed it to avoid complications.
The preservative gives the paint the normal shelf life other paint products have. This method is used in preparing emulsion paint in a cheap way. I found out that the money used to produce a 4 litre bucket of paint doesn’t exceed #800, and to produce a 25 or 27 litre paint doesn’t exceed #4000.
For those looking for another line of business, you can try this and make huge profits. Please give me feedback after trying it. Your comments and shares are highly appreciated.
Also Follow us on Facbook, Twitter, Instagram For Give Away!