Varane’s deal to Manchester United is only a matter of step away from been officially announced, as the premier league side has made sure to agree a £41million deal with Spanish side Real Madrid for his signature ahead of next season.
With the deal that has just been agreed, the 28 year old French international will become the ninth player to have gone this incredible milestone of playing for both Manchester United and Real Madrid during their career.
Checkout the other eight players who have played for Manchester United and Real Madrid in their career
1. Cristiano Ronaldo: Between 2003 to 2009, Ronaldo showed the world why sir Alex Ferguson really wanted him at Manchester United, as he went on to win the league title, the champions league and even a personal accolade as one of the only premier league players to have won the Ballon d’or award.
The player moved to Real Madrid in the year 2009 and stayed at the Spanish till 2018, winning four Champions League titles, the league cup and other trophies while also becoming the club’s top goal stirrer of all time.
2. Laurie Cunningham: The English player played five match for Manchester United during his loan spell at the club between 1983. He later went on to complete a move to Spain with Real Madrid football club in the year 1979, becoming the first British player to play for the Spanish side.
3. Javier Hernandez Chicharito: Between 2010 to 2015, Chicharito scored a total of 59 goals in 157 appearances for Manchester United, Though the Mexican later went on a loan move to Real Madrid in the campaign of 2014/2015.
4. David Beckham: The player was a member of the famed class of 92, he helped win the treble in 1999 as well as many other trophies during his time at Manchester United. The player later moved to the Spanish capital in 2003 playing for the Los Blancos and winning a La Liga trophy four years later.
5. Michael Owen: Between 2009 to 2012, Owen played for Manchester United scoring 17 goals in 52 games. He had earlier spent a season at the Bernabeu after moving from his boyhood club Liverpool in 2004.
6. Gabriel Heinze: The Argentine defender left for Real Madrid in 2007 winning at least one LA Liga title to his name after a three years spell at Manchester United where he had won the Premier League.
7. Ruud Van Nistelrooy: The retired Netherlands’s international was a goal machine at Old Trafford scoring 150 goals between 2001 and 2006. Just like others he left for Madrid after 2006 and turned to one of their heroes.
8. Angel di Maria: Maria remains the only player Manchester United have directly signed from Real Madris, the player had spent four years in the Spanish side where he won the Champions League before joining the Manchester United side.
By the time Varene will make his first appearance for Manchester United, he will become the ninth player to have played for this two elite teams within Europe during their playing days.
Thanks for your reading time, remember to Comment, Like, Share and Follow for more Updates.