Things have ceased to be the same since the outbreak of Coronavirus as everything became costly. But, here are some ways you can save money during the lockdown and have more than enough even when the lockdown is over:
1. Plan weekly meals: have a budget on the food that will last for a week in order to prevent impulse buying.
2. Have a coin jar or saving box: a saving box(popularly known as ‘kolo’ or ‘piggy bank’) will help you save all the loose change you have from shopping. Those changes you get when you buy foodstuffs can be enough to buy another set of foodstuffs when saved. Therefore, to avoid falling into temptation of picking the money, use a sealed jar or box.
3. Reduce junks: cutting down on junk foods may seem difficult but it will help you save a lot of money. Reduce junks foods and try to prepare some food at home, you will notice that you have made a lot of money through that.
4. Learn how to preserve foods: you can do your research through food blogs on how to extend the shelf life of your perishable food items. With this, you will be able to save the money meant for buying vegetables every day.
5. Perfect the art of saving: though, it isn’t easy to save money as it takes some level of discipline to achieve. But, if you practice and perfect how to save, you will realize that you’ve saved a lot of money during lockdown.